Kate Cline, RDN, CLT, CPT, RYT
Functional Medical Nutrition Therapist
and Obstacle Course Race (OCR) enthusiast
Functional Nutrition for a Functional You!
From Dublin, Ohio to the small island of Saipan, and back again, I have been involved in the world of wellness for nearly 2 decades, and a practicing Dietitian since 2006.
I am passionate about helping people find their Best Self and reach peak health through Foundational Health Habits while balancing that with a fun and sustainable lifestyle. (Don’t worry, I enjoy my whiskey and ice cream, too!)
While I have worked with a variety of clients, athletic levels, and ailments… my core work tends to revolve around gut health and inflammation. I help recreational athletes overcome migraines, digestive issues, and chronic pain. It has been an exciting honor to work with weekend warriors, yogis, runners, obstacle course racers, and rugby players on their health so they can get back to the sports they love and find more energy!
My health philosophy is that we often need a reset – a major reboot to our bodies. But if we do that well, and rebalance our system, we can then learn to shift our mindset to a powerful balance of maintaining that progress and carrying it forward. I don’t believe anyone should have to be on a restricted diet for life, otherwise something is still wrong. Find the root cause, heal the inner systems, maintain a lifestyle of 85-90% “on plan” and then enjoy the rest of it – indulging your senses, cherishing social activities, traveling and exploring new cultures, and learning to love food again in all ways!
Focusing my clients first on lifestyle, clean eating, and G.I. health has shown vast improvements for them in weight, digestion, hormone balancing, athletic performance improvement, reduced aches and pains, boosted mood and energy, and feeling “at home” in their own bodies finally!
I want everyone to find their fullest potential and THRIVE in life, whatever their goals.
I enjoy many facets of healthy living, and embracing life! Having resolved my own pain and GI issues has helped boost my mood to the point I was eager to get back into my activities and passions, and I will always be learning how to better help others do the same.
Training and Education
- B.S in Dietetics from University of Cincinnati
- Dietetic Internship with The Ohio State University
- Certified LEAP Therapist (food sensitivity specialist)
- Personal Trainer through NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine)
- Yoga Teacher through Sampoorna in India
- Training in Integrative and Functional Medical Nutrition Therapy, 2 year program
- Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Member of the Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine
- Member of Sports, Cardiovascular, and Wellness Nutrition
- Over 15 years of dietetic experience in a variety of settings including public health, clinical, food service management, rehab, wellness and more – constantly gathering the best methods of living and healing.